US IlHpHS ywca.mot
YWCA Mothers Club memorial book and past member's book
- 1933 - ? (Creation)
- 1916 - 1974 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 volume : 23.0 x 21.0 x 4.5 cm.
Name of creator
The Highland Park Mother's Club was founded at the Highland Park, Illinois YWCA in 1916 with a membership of seven mothers. In 1973 Highland Park Public Library purchased the YWCA property at 474 Laurel St for expansion purposes.
YWCA Mothers Club Memorial Book donated and started by Elfrieda Marks, continued by May Berry and Edith Drake. Since 1963 by Lydia Frauenhffer.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
YWCA Mother's Club.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The bulk of this "Book of Memories" [scrapbook] consists of young and contemporary images of Club memories juxtaposed with brief hand-written or printed obituaries. Also found in this scrapbook are charter member lists and images, various rosters, event photographs, corres., and a few meeting records. Information on play "Tuning up for the wedding."
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Fragile and acidic.