Highland Park School Districts

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Highland Park School Districts

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1856-

History

The Highland Park and first area schools were built in 1856, the earliest known then as Port Clinton School. In 1893 Port Clinton School was replaced by a large two-story brick building which is known as Elm Place School. During 1869 to 1961 the local school system of Highland Park continued to grow as a result of academic innovation and an involved community, and in 2011 there were eleven schools in the North Shore School District 112 of Highland Park, Illinois. These schools are Elm Place School, Ravinia School, Lincoln School, Oak Terrace School, Braeside School, Edgewood School, Indian Trail School, Red Oak School, Wayne Thomas School, Northwood School, and Sherwood School. There is also Highland Park High School which is in District 113.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

naf

Maintenance notes